The new Metro re-Imagined system is now up and running as of August 17th. This system promises to more routes to the places you want to go, with more frequent bus arrivals, with more reliable service. Frequent service is not only on weekday rush hours, but also on Saturdays and Sundays. The folks at Metro say the new Reimagined system has been developed to meet these goals with the following benefits:
- Responding to you! You’ve asked for simpler, faster, more frequent service, better service on weekends, and more ways to get where you’re going. That’s what this network offers.
- The bus is always coming. On the new Frequent Network, which connects a million residents and a million jobs, the bus is always coming within the next 15 minutes.
- Go when you want to go, including weekends! The routes in the proposed network run all weekend, just as frequently as the weekday midday . Getting around on Saturday and Sunday will be much easier than it is today.
- Service you can remember. The routes themselves are simpler, straighter and easier to remember and since most routes come more often you can spend less time waiting or worrying about the schedule.
- More reliable. Many of our delays result from buses stopped by freight trains and are compounded by long, complicated routes. The proposed network reduces the number of street level freight rail crossings by 30% each day. The new routes are shorter, come more often, and have virtually no branches so we can do a better job of keeping them on time.
- A network for the Houston of today, and tomorrow. The Houston region is dynamic and growing. The new system serves the biggest job and activity centers, and is ready to grow with the multi-centered region of the future.
Try out the new bus system, and let Metro know your concerns, both positive and negative. You can reach Metro at RIDEMETRO.ORG